THE CHRISTIANS’ PREPARATION FOR PARTNER SELECTION IN MARRIAGE:
Hebrews.13:4. Marriage is honourable in all and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Sexual immorality before actual marriage is a sin and will be judged by God. Boy friend and girl immoral relationship is a great sin in the sight of God. A real Christian when he or she get to the age of marriage should seek the face of God and get properly married without defiling himself or herself.
1Cor.7:1-2. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me; it is good for a man not touch a woman. Nevertheless to avoid fornication; let every man have his own wife and let every woman have her own husband. One man and one woman, Christian is monogamy not polygamy. Marriage is not between a man and another man homosexual or a woman and another woman lesbian that is evil and abomination in the sight of God. 1Cor.7:9. “The bible says here that it is better to marry than to burn”. It is foolishness for one to act spiritual refusing to marry while internally he is burning with lust and sometimes live in fornication. Gen.2:18. And the Lord God said it is not good that the man should be alone. And what God said is not good is not good. Man, get married and save yourself from adultery and fornication.
The following must form part of the Christian’s preparation before selecting a life partner.
(1) Be sure of your salvation and other Christian experiences. John.1:12-14. Rom.8:14-16. 1Thess.4:3-8.
(2) Rely on God and not on yourself or any other person in the church or outside the church. Pro.3:5-7. John.10:4-5, 27.
(3) Remove all idols in your heart and all stumbling blocks. Ezekiel.14:1-6. Judges.14:1-3.
(4) Avoid fear, worry and anxiety and be calm and compose in your soul. Gen.2:21. Philip.4:6.
(5) Be willing to follow God’s perfect will in marriage and not his permissive. Ps.143:10. Mt.26:39-42. (6) Pray in faith believing that God will speak to you. Ps.86:11. Mt.7:7-8. (7) Seek counsel from God fearing leader or pastor when you are confused. Pro.11:14. Pro.19:20-21.
God still leads today in marriage and other areas of our life. How does God lead?
(1) Sometimes through direct revelation or dream.
(2) Through the written word of God.
(3) Audible voice.
(4) Through intuitive perception.
(5) Special love in your heart.
(6) Impression in your heart.
(7) Through Spirit restriction. But in whichever way you are led by God it must be in agreement with the word of God.
God will never lead you contrary to the clear command in the word of God.
(1) He will never lead you to a sinner or backslider. 2Cor.6:14-18.
(2) Not to the next of kin. Lev.18.
(3) Never to a divorcee who’s partner is still alive. Mk.10:11-12.
DEAR FRIEND MY PRAYER FOR YOU IS THAT GOD WILL GUIDE YOU IN SELECTING THE RIGHT PARTNER IN MARRIAGE. GOD BLESS YOU.
MARRIAGE IS A COVENANT :
Matthew 19:9 “And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.”
Although adultery denotes one who has unlawful intercourse with the spouse of another, in its much broader term, it means to violate or pollute. Israel violated or polluted their covenant with God. Jeremiah says, “She (Judah) defiled the land, and committed adultery” (Jer. 3:9).
Adultery in relation to marriage also reflects a violation of the covenant of companionship. Sex outside of marriage is adultery because it violates or pollutes the covenant of marriage by introducing another party and bringing that relationship into the marriage. “They two shall be one flesh” (Eph. 5:31).
Divorce also adulterates or pollutes marriage because it disrupts or denies the divorced parties the right to be faithful to their covenant of companionship. Any time one divorces his mate (except for fornication) and marries another, he is guilty of adultery. He has polluted and destroyed a relationship intended by God to be permanent and pure.
Why the “except for fornication” clause? Jesus is not saying that if fornication is involved, we must divorce, but rather, when fornication is involved, that is the only time when the person getting the divorce is not guilty of adultery. That is because the partner who had an extra-marital relationship has already polluted the marriage vow. In God’s original design for marriage He intended marriage to be sacred, precious, pure, and permanent. The marriage covenant represents a final, irrevocable commitment where the man and the woman renounce the right to live for themselves and become “heirs together of the grace of life” (1 Pet. 3:7
Pastor Ron Carpenter IS OFF THE WALL http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-Xa
FACEBOOK: WALT KAM
MINISTERING GOD AND HIS GIFTS http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-GZ
The All Sufficient Christ http://goo.gl/4QgB4
Gordon Williams http://gordwilliams.com/
KAREN WILLIAMS http://wp.me/P2M7AJ-64
Healing prayer – reach out for a miracle – John Mellor Ministries http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QODl95RS-LU