Notes & Outline from Demonology & Deliverance, Volume 1 Workbook by Dr. Lester Sumrall
Note: The two-volume set of “Demonology & Deliverance” workbooks by Dr. Sumrall are an excellent resource for any believer willing to look seriously into this very biblical issue. I strongly recommend them as stand alone resources even though they were designed to work in conjunction with Dr. Sumrall’s video teaching series on this subject.
– Stephen Whitaker
I. Introduction to Divine Deliverance.
Reading: 1 Peter 5:8-9
- These are possibly the most pertinent lessons I have ever
- The scope of these studies is universal
- These studies are imperative at this point in
- Many Church leaders are concerned about occultism and demon power
- Christians are becoming more aware of the influence of
II. The Three Sources of Energy.
- There are three known intelligent sources of energy in our realm of
- There is God’s (Isaiah 64:8, Acts 10:38, Hebrews 1:1)
- There is man’s (Romans 6:16)
- There is the devil’s (John 10:10, Job 1:19, Mark 4:37-38)
- The Holy
- Satan is directly spoken of over 200 times in the (Genesis 3:1-7)
- Job chapter one reveals that Satan is an oppressor of good
- Matthew chapter four shows the audacity of the devil in tempting the Lord Jesus
- Satan’s final incarceration and eternal confinement are predicted in 20:10.
- The devil does not want the truth about himself (2 Corinthians 11:14)
- The Christian is to take action against the (Acts 8:17-24)
- The Word of God warns that believers should give no place, no honor, no praise and no fear to the (Ephesians 4:27)
- Followers of Christ must believe, accept and obey the words of God – defending the church and aggressively defeating Satan’s designs upon (Matthew 16:18)
- The Christian must work with God to consummate the final destiny of the (Revelation 20:10)
- This is adversarial We are not to be ignorant of the devil’s wiles. (I Peter 5:8-9)
III. The Origin of Satan.
- His origin and (Ezekiel 28:12-19)
- His (Isaiah 14:12-14).
- Rebellion in (Ezekiel 28:12)
- Satan’s (Ezekiel 28:14,16)
- Satan was (Eze. 28:12-13)
- Melody and (Eze. 28:13)
- From an angel to a (Eze. 28:17, 16)
- Still a (Jude 9)
- Lucifer, the devil, is a real (I Peter 5:8)
- Personal names and titles are given to (Rev. 20:2)
- Personal acts and characteristics are ascribed to (Isaiah 14:12-15)
- Jesus dealt with the devil as a (Matthew 4:8-10)
- Jesus waged war on Satan as on a (Luke 13:16)
- Paul, in the epistles, gave instructions on dealing with Satan as with a real (Eph. 6:10-12)
- The devil has been spoken of as possessing personal characteristics; a heart, pride, speech, knowledge, power, desires, and
IV. The Origin of Demons.
Latin “daemon” meaning “evil spirit.”
- The origin of (Rev. 12:4, Matthew 25:41)
- The nature of
- Demons are personalities, as humans are
- A human is a personality with a corporate
- Demons are personalities without corporate
- The abode of (Ephesians 6:12)
- Jesus taught the existence of
- He cast them out of (Matthew 15:22-33)
- He commanded His disciples to cast them (Mat. 10:1, Mark 16:17, Luke 9:1)
- The apostles believed in the existence of
- Matthew suggested the origin under (Mat. 12:26)
- Matthew spoke of their final (Mat. 25:41)
- Luke described their nature, their expulsion from heaven and their place of (Luke 4:33, 6:18, 9:42, 8:27-33)
- Paul, in writing to Timothy, warned him of the “doctrine of ” (I Timothy 4:1)
V. Names the Bible Gives to Spirits.
- Names given to demon spirits in the New
- Blind (Mat. 12:22)
- Deaf and dumb (Mark 9:25)
- “Unclean spirit” is used 22 (Mat. 12:43, Mark 1:23, Luke 9:42).
- Spirit of (Luke 13:11)
- “Foul spirit” is used 22 (Mark 9:25)
- Old and New Testament References to Demon
- Deluding and seducing (I Tim. 4:1)
- Angel of (2 Cor. 11:14)
- “Jealous spirit” is used two (Numbers 5:29-31)
- Familiar (Lev. 20:6,27, 2 Kings 23:24)
- Demons name (Mark 5:8-9)
- Demons are (Mat. 12:45, John 8:44)
- Demons vary in (Mark 9:17 & 28)
- Demons have (Mat. 12:44)
- Demons vary in (Mat. 12:45)
- Demons know the names of those who rebuke and exorcise (Acts 19:15, Mark 1:24)
- Demons believe and (James 2:19)
- Demons are (Eph. 6:12)
- Demons are subject to (1 Peter 3:22)
- Demons have (I Tim 4:1)
- True disciples are given divine authority over (Luke 9:1, Mat. 10:1, 8, 2 Tim. 1:7)
- What demons are
Demons are not the spirits of dead people. Demons are not the offspring of angels and men.
VI. Biblical Names for Satan.
- The prince of the
- 2:2 designates the devil as such.
- Because Satan is a spirit, he can move through space with incredible speed, as other spirits (Luke 10:18)
- It is significant that the designation prince is a name in the Bible given to deity, as to (Daniel 8:11)
- Prince is a designation given to (Isaiah 9:6, Acts 3:15, Rev. 1:5)
- It is a name given to the chief priests of the (Isaiah 43:28)
- It is a name given to noblemen and (Isa. 10:8, Num. 17:6)
- This reveals the strength, power, and position the devil possesses through having been an archangel in
- Prince of this (John 12:31, 16:11)
- Prince of
- In 6:12 Satan is described as the “prince of darkness.”
- All of his works are black and dark, for he is indeed the prince of all
- He is described as the prince of (Mat. 12:24)
- God of this
- His is called the god of this (2 Cor. 4:4)
- Satan is the god of pagan They have strange manifestations in their worship of idols, but ultimately it is the devil they serve.
- He is a
- Satan is a king over them of the bottomless (Rev. 9:11)
- The devil has a (Eph. 6:12)
- The anointed (Eze. 28:14)
- An angel of (2 Cor. 11:14)
- (Isa. 14:12)
- (Rev. 12:9)
- (Rev. 12:3)
- (Job 1:6)
- (2 Cor. 11:3)
- Beelzebub. (Mat. 10:25, 12:24)
- (2 Cor. 6:15)
- (I Peter 5:8)
- Accuser of the (Rev. 12:10, Job 1:7-8)
- The (Mat. 13:39)
- The (Mat. 4:3)
- The wicked (Mat. 13:19)
- The (John 10:10)
- Murderer (John 8:44a)
- A roaring (1 Peter 5:8)
- A (John 8:44)
- An (Acts 10:38)
- The corrupter of (2 Cor. 11:3)
- Abaddon – (Rev. 9:11)
VII & VIII. Where to Recognize Demon Power.
- World of apostate religion and demon (1 Tim 4:1)
- Bible-believing Christians today are persuaded that we are living in the final crisis of this They believe that it is the greatest crisis of the last 2,000 years.
- We believe that we shall see amazing phenomena of angels and Christians will find angels supporting and succoring them. Already there are reports of the manifestations of angels in various places.
- There will be more demon activity, more people possessed and oppressed, than the world has ever
- The church must rise to the occasion and command the power of Jesus Christ to set men and women
- Without the power of God, the church will fail in its last duty to mankind before the Lord returns for His
- World of business and demon
- New Testament writers warn against the evil of covetousness and (Col 3:5)
- The love and lust for money is a spirit and another area in which we may expect increased demon power in the days (I John 2:15-17)
- The Bible says that the love of money is the root of all (1 Tim 6:10)
- Many people lust after and are addicted to money and the things money can (1 Tim 6:9, Heb. 13:5)
- World of politics and demon
- Satanic opposition in the biblical political world of the past is seen in the experience of (Dan. 10:12-13)
- The incident of Herod’s destroying the children of Bethlehem is another (Mat. 2:16-18)
- World of crime and demon
- Modern crime is evidently related to demon (Isa. 59:3-4)
- Demon power is a driving (Mat. 24:12)
- The compulsion to kill has to come from deep inner drives that can only be explained as Demon power is seen not only as the driving force behind the brutal nature of modern crime, but also behind the more subtle, pervasive “spirit of the age” which motivates people to do evil. How can we counteract the “spirit of the age” and break the hold of demons over men?
- Christ possesses greater power than that of (1 John 4:4)
- Jesus can break demonic power over (Mat. 12:28)
- Our Lord gave authority over devils to His (Mark 16:17, Luke 10:17)
- A Christian must have power to bind the strong man, the Then he can spoil his goods and set the devil’s victim free. (Mat. 12:29)
- Occultism and demon
- For many years, America has sent missionaries to foreign lands to deliver those who were demon They brought life and hope through the gospel and set them free. Today heathen religions are invading this country in an unprecedented way. Large cities in America have become centers of false cults and demon worship.
- In the closing days of the age, demons set the stage for (Mark 13:22)
- Persistent rejection of truth destroys one’s sense of truth and lays a person open to being deceived by unrighteousness and to the works of Satan with all power and signs and lying (2 Thess. 2:7-12)
- An empty and confused soul becomes a sign to the devil, “House to ”
- The devil and demons take up a (Luke 11:24-26)
- According to the NT, a great outburst of demon activity is to be expected at the end of this Satan’s master plan is to undermine the faith of believers and to destroy the church from within.
- It will manifest itself in movements that will deceive people in doctrinal and ethical matters and will culminate in the possessing and guiding of the kings of this earth by the demons
- We have seen certain characters in history, anarchists and Christ-haters, who are demon
- We have briefly considered some of the factors spread in the world today, which will make possible this outburst of demon
- The empty soul of modern man devoid of faith in
- The increase in
- The widespread increase of immorality which can be linked with the uncleanness of these evil
- The growing significance of what is called thought
- World of disease and demon
- World of
- We have observed an amazing increase in demonic power and satanic activity in the degeneration of
- Family life in America will continue to fall
- Men and women will live on an animal level, changing homes It is possible that adultery is a spirit.
- Any attempt to curb obscenity is thwarted by powerful forces which have both money and the opinion makers on their
- Moral perversion will increase in a most dreadful and horrible I believe sodomy to be a spirit.
Anyone who indulges in it is possessed and needs divine deliverance.
IX & X. Areas of Demon Domination.
It is an historical fact that the devil’s influence can dominate and even destroy empires and nations.
- The Bible establishes this (Isa. 14:12-17)
- How can Satan make the Earth tremble?
- Napoleon the
- Alexander the
- Hitler and
- Eventually Lucifer
- Ancient nations and
- It is remarkable how the people of Israel fought the devil’s power as a
- God removed Saul from his kingship, and he died for his transgression of seeking after (1 Chron. 10:13)
- Modern nations and
- “I have never see so much demon power as there is in Indonesia. I have never seen so many witch doctors in any other country.”
- Singapore and the worshippers of
- All heathen countries are under the power of
- In Tibet, the devil has held supremacy for
- Nations of the future will worship the
- Cities and
- Not only does the devil seek to rule empires and nations, he seeks to dominate Ie., Pergamos in Revelation 2:12-13.
- History vividly points out such Babylon (Dan 10:20-21).
- The cities of Sodom and
- The devil has not Take New York city for example. The majority of the population does not attend church. Many of the people there live in the deepest sin. It is a center of commerce for the world, and a center for world government. If one’s spiritual eyes could be opened, no doubt he would be able to see that strong and evil spirits rule there.
- Big cities of America
- Calcutta, India
- Jesus’ big city:
- Humans, animals, and
- There are three areas spoken of in God’s Word regarding demons in individuals and
- Beasts may be possessed by (Mat. 8:29-32)
- Parts of a human body can be Several times Jesus cast out spirits of deafness and dumbness from human beings. (Mat. 9:32)
- Unregenerate mankind can come under the complete domination and authority of the (Mat. 12:43-44)
- Jesus came to this world to deliver men from the devil’s (Acts 10:38)
- In Luke 8:2 we read of certain women who were healed of evil spirits and infirmities, and of Mary Magdalene, who was delivered of seven
- Luke 4:33 tells about Jesus’ going to In the synagogue was a demon
- There are three areas spoken of in God’s Word regarding demons in individuals and
–possessed man. This devil felt very comfortable in the church until Jesus arrived. He enjoyed the dead sermons and lifeless prayers. (Luke 4:33-34)
- An amazing deliverance in the Bible is the healing of the demoniac of
- Jesus cast demons out of multitudes of (Mat. 8:16, Luke 4:41)
- The given
Luke 9:11 – Authority given to 12 Apostles Luke 10:17 – Authority given to 70 disciples Mark 16:17 – Authority given to all who believe
XII. Demon Spirits Working in the Old Testament.
- Moses warned against (Deuteronomy 18:10-13)
- The death penalty for (Leviticus 20:6)
- The nation of Israel forsook God to worship (Deuteronomy 32:17)
- A king led the people to devil (2 Chron. 11:15)
- The devil sought to destroy (1 Chron. 21:1)
- The devil assailed a good (Job 1:6-12)
- Satan accused Job and attacked (Job 2:1-7)
- The devil withstood the high (Zechariah 3:1)
- God warned His (Isaiah 8:19-22)
- A nation learned the hard (Leviticus 17:7)
- The devil’s (1 Kings 22:20-24)
XIII. Christ and Demons
- It began in infancy when Herod killed all the children of Bethlehem two years old and He was seeking to kill the Christ child. (Mat. 2:16)
- The people of Nazareth tied to throw Him off a (Luke 4:28-30)
- While He slept, the devil sought to drown Him in a (Mark 4:37-41)
- The demoniac of Gadara confronted Jesus as soon as He got out of the (Mark 5:2-9)
- The hatred and death plot of the Pharisees proved that the devil wanted Jesus (Mat. 26:3-4)
- The first attack was in the area of self-preservation. (Mat. 4:3)
- The second attack was in the area of self-adulation. (Mat. 4:6)
- The third attack was in the area of self-glorification. (Mat. 4:8-9)
- Christ identified demon
- Deaf and dumb (Mark 9:25)
- Infirmity (Luke 13:11-13)
- Christ knew the number of demons in a .
- (Mark 1:26)
- (Mark 1:32,34)
- (Mark 5:9)
- Christ was a master over all devils and
- The feared Him and confessed His (Mat. 8:29)
- The confessed His power to incarcerate (same)
- The confessed His power to destroy (same)
XIV. The Christian’s Authority Over Demons.
Introduction: Genesis 1:26-27
Reading: Psalm 8:5-8, Hebrews 2:6-8, John 8:32-36
- The church under divine A. Mark 16:15-17.
- As you have received the gift, so give. (1 Peter 4:10)
- Christian authority challenged by the
- 1 Timothy 4:1
- Heresies are false doctrines from the
- Fear is a It is not based on truth; therefore, it is a seducing spirit.
- These are the latter times and many have departed from their original faith in
- Christian authority to
- Resist by (1 Peter 5:8-9)
- Resist by the (James 4:7)
- Christian exorcism in Jesus’ (Hebrews 4:12)
- Sinners cannot cast out A. Acts 19:11-19.
- If sinners could exorcise evil spirits it would be a house divided against itself. (Mat. 12:26-27)
XVI. Demon Spirits Cause Sickness and Disease.
- Body (Job 2:7)
- Deafness and (Mat. 9:32-33, Mark 9:25)
- Back bowed for eighteen years. (Luke 13:11-16)
- Insanity, lunacy, (Matthew 17:15)
- Wild strength – (Mark 5:3-4)
- (Matthew 12:22)
- Grievous (Matthew 15:22)
- (Luke 4:36)
- (Mark 9:20)
- Lust and a lying (John 8:44)
- General (Matthew 4:23-24)
- (Romans 8:15)
- (Acts 10:38)
XVII. Destroying the Emblems of Demon Power. (I Corinthians 10:19-20)
- Divine symbols, the (Exodus 25:21-22)
- The heathen did not understand God’s (1 Samuel 5:4)
- Symbols of Satanism are many and (Witch doctors, voodoo, etc.)
- Cobra in the
- Hole in the (China Buddhist temple priest had understanding of the spirit in the idol.
- The evil three of
- The strange cross,
- The Satan
- Crystal ball and
- God’s people must be
- The (Acts 19:19)
- American (good luck charms, horoscopes, superstitions, etc.)
XVIII. Can a Christian be Possessed with a Devil?
Introduction: This is the most asked question. Read Ephesians 6:12.
- There is a very real battle of definitions going on in the religious world. It centers around who can and who cannot be possessed of a demon. It does not matter to which church a person goes or is a member of if he or she needs deliverance from a tormenting spirit of fear or oppression of the devil. That person should be set free by a prayer of deliverance and not begin a dialogue on who can or who cannot be possessed.
- First the Positive side: the Twelve (Matthew 10:1)
Jesus did not warn the apostles to protect themselves against demon power. Above all, He did not warn them that they may become possessed or injured while rebuking demons. Jesus gave them divine authority over all demonic forces. The Bible nowhere teaches disciples to fear the devil or of a danger of personal demon possession.
- Then the seventy disciples cast out (Luke 10:17-19)
Jesus did not warn the seventy in any way to protect themselves against demon power or to be careful in the way they handled evil spirits. Jesus did not warn them of any personal danger but commanded them to cast out devils without fear, and said, “…nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
- The Great Commission to all (Mark 16:17)
- The divided
- Jesus said that a kingdom divided against itself cannot (Mat. 12:25)
- One cannot be an effective part of two opposite (Mat. 6:24)
- The Apostle James asked if sweet and bitter waters could come from the same (James 3:11)
- The positive (James 4:7)
- First is submitting ourselves to God which means that we refuse to submit to the devil’s presence or his deceiving
- Second is resist the Resistance is a military action. To resist shows strength. God declares that upon this action, the devil will fell from you. To flee is not just to crawl, walk, or even run. A fleeing person runs in terror.
- When the devil understands that a Christian has a strong position in God and that he is actively resisting him, the Bible declares that the devil will I have always found the Bible to be true.
- If a Christian actively, persistently, dogmatically, and spiritually resists the devil, then the Bible says that he will
- If the devil will run from us in terror, why should Christians be afraid of him? How can he hurt them?
- The battle action: protection for Ephesians 6:10-18
- The deaf and (Matthew 9:32-33) A deaf person in this way would not go to hell, so would that necessarily apply to some other situations.
- How a church member got
“When a person deliberately goes into the devil’s territory, while he is there it is possible to become a victim of whatever the devil offers, even thought the person claims to be a Christian.”
- How a person yields to demon
- Anger can be a spirit and can actually make a person
- Adultery is a
- A professing church member can open the doors of his soul and spirit to lust, jealousy, or lying. (2 Timothy 2:24-26)
- My “old” “unequivocally no”
- The “Word”
- The Bible says in 5:18, “Be filled with the Spirit, and in so doing you give no place to the devil.” Those who do not follow this command to be filled with the Spirit give place to the devil to enter their lives.
- If a person who claims to be a Christian dabbles with the occult, he can become demon (1 Timothy 4:1)
- If a church member lies like Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-11, he gives room to
- Betraying the truth like (Luke 22:3)
- Simon, a sorcerer, was apparently among those participating in the revival in Samaria (Acts 8:13-23)
- The man in the synagogue, a place of religion, needed (Mark 1:23)
- King (1 Samuel 10:9)
XIX & XX. How I Learned Exorcism of Devils.
- Girl in (She writhed on the floor like a serpent)
- Black and White Angels in (The enemy is a liar)
- Not a human “… it was not me, personally, in the conflict. It was something within me, which was Christ.”
“I discovered that there was no reason for fear because I did not lose the battles. I found that though they would scream and tear themselves, the did not seek to harm or touch me, and that I was perfectly safe in exorcising demons. I found in most cases that the demons wanted to run away and not confront me.” STAND FIRM on Mark 16:15-17.
- Projected (1 Timothy 4:1)
- The Last Days. (see Rev. 12:12, 16:13-16, 9:1-11)
- The barking (In Poland, woman shrieking “Hallelujah” and then barking)
- The dumb (St. Louis area, young man who hadn’t spoken in over 3 months)
- The “father divine” (A cult leader’s influence broken for healing in a household)
- Clarita Villanueva – Manila (Affected who city)
- The invisible (Philippines boy who would do just that.)
- The More than ever before.
XXI & XXII. Seven Steps Toward Demon Possession.
- Regression. Reversion to earlier behavior patterns; to go
This can be resisted and overcome by prayer and praise unto the Lord.
- To restrain; to squeeze; to prevent natural expression; to keep down; to hold back.
- God makes every human an God desires exuberant expression from us.
- Repressive (1 Kings 8:65-66, 2 Chronicles 7:8-10)
- Repressive homes and
- To press under; to keep back; to conceal; to exclude desire and feeling. With suppression we have the concealment or greater pressures moving against the victorious Christian life.
- Low spirits; gloominess; dejection; sadness; a decrease in force or activity; an emotional condition, either neurotic or psychotic, characterized by feelings of hopelessness or inadequacy.
- In depression, there is a broken To remain depressed for a long period of time is of the devil. Psalm 42:5, 103:1.
- Causes of
Triggered by loss or deep trouble.
“If enough Christians were depressed, Satan would have free rule in the world. He would have no one to oppose him and thwart his evil plans to control the world and its people.
- Oppression. Pressure to crush; to smother; to overpower or overwhelm; to harass; to ravish, or to
- A vast area of human experience far deeper and more involved than It is to weigh him down with something he is not able to carry.
- Oppression through (Acts 10:38)
- Oppression through (John 8:44)
- Ways and means of
- Oppression can be Exercise your Christian dominion over the devil’s power. You do this through faith, prayer, and action. Have faith to command power in your life. Pray to strengthen your inner being. Act to overcome and destroy the works of the devil.
- Obsession. To besiege; to haunt as of evil spirits; to be fixed on a single idea to an unreasonable
- Two kinds of Positive (Paul was obsessed with the gospel) and negative (which destroys human personality).
- You can’t save At this stage of demon domination, I doubt the individual being hurt by Satan could save himself without the assistance of another. When we get to this stage where obsession has assumed control of a person’s thinking, he needs outside help to be set free. The reason for this is that when one has an obsession, the mind is changed. Black become white and white seems black. He does not realize that he is obsessed with some wicked thing.
- What is obsession? By definition, it is an evil spirit’s deceiving a person and impelling him to unreasonable
- Causes of
- Believing a
- Protect your
- An obsessed person comes to the place where he has no willpower, no strength to resist so as to become a
- Willpower is one of the greatest gifts God has given (Warning against hypnotism)
- Fortune telling should be avoided because it erodes
- Drug and alcohol addictions can obsess a life and cause loss of
- Anything that can destroy your willpower should be
Once a person has fallen prey to demonic obsession, he needs a man or woman of God to pray a prayer of deliverance over him in order to be free. Do not think that it is difficult or impossible to be set free from demon obsession. Jesus can set you free. (Mark 9:23)
- Possession. To inhabit; to occupy; to control; to hold as a property; to dominate; to actuate; to rule by extraneous
Demon possession is the final step by which the devil captures an immortal soul. In this area we seek to be very cautious and conservative in our thinking.
- The step from obsession to passion is a long “I do not find many people in this final stage, although there are hundreds in the other stages.” The demon-possessed person is under the absolute, total, and complete jurisdiction of the devil. He has no mind of his own.
- Discerning demonic
- Often the devil uses their voices and throats to
- It sometimes reveals itself in forms of insanity, both temporary and
- It is always reflected in the A demon-possessed person’s eyes are not normal. He cannot hold his head to you. The devil will not let him. If he does, his eyes focus in a demonic glare. The devil changes the windows of the soul when he moves in. (Matthew 6:22-23)
- Often, the way a person walks reveals demon
- Spiritual discernment (for the saint). There will be a clash of
- Demon power is “catching”. Those under his power want others under it
- Don’t fear the (1 John 3:8)
XXIII. Communication with Devils Forbidden by Divine Decree.
- Leviticus 19:31
- Leviticus 20:6
- Deuteronomy 18:10 Isaiah 8:19-21
- 1 Chronicles 10:13-14
- Luke 4:41 Acts 16:16
- 1 Timothy 4:1 9. 2 Peter 2:1-3 10. 1 John 4:1-6
XXIV. The Church Replaces Lucifer and His Host Before the Throne of God.
Introduction: Three Angels
- The angel God’s messenger and minister.
- The angel God’s warrior.
- The angel The covering angel who led praise and worship before then throne.
- Jesus came to (Eph. 1:4-7, 11-12, Hebrews 1:1-8)
- Second (Revelation 19:1, 19:5-7)
- Lucifer the (Rev. 20:10)
- The eternal ages will (Rev. 21:1-3)
- You and I will be a part of
XXV. Questions and Answers Regarding Demon Power.
- Did the early church fathers believe in or teach exorcism from demon power? Justin Martyr, Apology
Lactantius, Divine Institutes, Number 2 Augustine, City of God, Book 2
- What is the spirit of infirmity and how does it affect a person?
It is not a real physical illness and cannot be detected or treated (successfully) by a physician.
- How do you tell whether a person has a spirit of infirmity or physical defect and is it demon possession?
- Can demons bless a person as well as curse him? Not
- Do you think that there is a connection between demon power and the spreading use of the addiction to narcotics?
- I live in constant fear of sinning against the Holy Spirit and of losing my Could this fear be a tormenting spirit? Yes. But remember Satan is a liar and the accuser of the brethren so don’t allow that to take place.
- Can superstition be an evil spirit?
- Can people who are in the first five stages of possession be set free and is the procedure the same? Yes, it is exactly the
- Can a born-again, spirit-filled Christian work in bars and clubs serving drinks? The enemy deceives to get you on his turf.
- Is deliverance of a city the same as a personal deliverance? Yes, to an
- How can you help a person stay free when you cannot be with him; for example, a person in a mental hospital?
- Please expound on the dangers of modern music and dance prevalent in our society today and their relationship to satanic
- Please comment on the addiction to television and other diversions that would be a distraction to the Christian
- Where did Jesus direct the demonic spirits to go? Not really important. Tell them to go into the void of space.
- Are fetishes and emblems used in jewelry considered emblems of demonic power?
- Since everything in heave is pure and good, how could Lucifer live there and become proud and start all the evil which is in the world? It began in his
- James 4:7 says, “submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from ” How can we submit ourselves to God? Give oneself fully on a daily basis to the Lord in all areas of life.
- A relative of mine says that he believes in God, but he is a Is Hinduism devil worship? They have 300 million gods… so yes, it is devil or spirit worship.
- How can a lying spirit and a lustful spirit be cast out of a family? Pray for his power to be
FAMILIAR SPIRITS ARE REAL AND DANGEROUS http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-6x
SELF DELIVERANCE http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-11r
BASIC DELIVERANCE SUMMARY http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-2nh
BETHEL TEMPLE http://wp.me/p2M7AJ-29r
THE FALSE BROWNSVILLE REVIVAL http://www.scribd.com/doc/211818062/