God’s Divine Power
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:2-4
Any power that doesn’t exalt God and Jesus our Lord is not of God but is demonic or witchcraft! True Christianity is centered around Jesus Christ and a living vibrant relationship with Him and no other! True power comes from the life of Christ in a believer who is abiding in Christ and not from any other source!
A.B. Simpson in article “ CHRIST OUR HEALER” talks about Divine healing as the supernatural Divine power of God infused into human bodies, renewing their strength and replacing the weakness of suffering human frames by the life and power of God. And he makes a great diction about WHAT DIVINE HEALING IS NOT including:
· Divine healing is not medical healing.. It does not come to us through medicines, nor is it God’s especial blessing on remedies and means. It is the direct power of the Almighty hand of God Himself. “HIMSELF took our infirmities,” and He is able to carry them without man’s help.
· Divine healing is not metaphysical healing. It is not a system of rationalism, which is taking on so many forms in the world today, like the chameleon, assuming the hue of the surrounding foliage, according to the class of people it comes in contact with. What is commonly known as mind cure or Christian Science, is one of the most familiar forms of metaphysical healing.
· Divine healing is not magnetic healing. It is not a mysterious current which flows into one body from another. It is a serious question whether there is such a force in nature as animal magnetism, and whether what this seems to be, is not rather an influence to which one person’s mind is subject from causes within itself. Divine healing is not spiritualism. It cannot be denied that Satan has a certain power over the human body. Certainly he must have if he is able to possess it with disease. And, if he has power to inflict ill health upon the body, I see no reason why he should not, if he please, open the back door and get out and leave the body well.
· Divine healing is not prayer cure. There are many Christians who greatly desire others to pray for them. If they can secure a certain quantity of prayer there will come a corresponding influence for good upon them, and if all the Christians in the world were to pray for them, they would expect to be healed. … There is no power in prayer unless it is the prayer of God Himself. Unless you are in contact with Christ the living Healer, there is no healing. Christ’s healing is by His own Divine touch. It is not prayer cure, but Christ-healing.
· Divine healing is not faith cure… If you get to looking at your faith, you will lose the faith itself. It is God who heals always. The less we dwell on the prayers, the faith, or any of the means through which it comes, the more likely we will be to receive the blessing.
· Divine healing is not will power. No person can grapple with his own helplessness and turn it over into strength. It is a principle of mechanics that no body can move itself. There must be some power outside of itself to do this.
· Divine healing is not defiance of God’s will. It is not saying, “I will have this blessing whether He wills it or not.” It is seeing that in having it we have His highest purpose for us.
· Divine healing is not a mercenary medical profession that men adopt as they would adopt a trade or profession in order to make something out of it. If you find the mercenary idea appearing in it for a moment, discountenance and repudiate it. All the gifts of God are as free as the blood of Calvary.
A.B. Simpson goes on to state WHAT DIVINE HEALING IS:
· It is the supernatural Divine power of God infused into human bodies, renewing their strength and replacing the weakness of suffering human frames by the life and power of God. It is a touch of the Divine omnipotence, and nothing short of it. It is the same power that raised Jairus’ daughter from the dead or converted your soul. Is it strange that God should show such power? More power is required to regenerate a lost soul than to raise the dead.
· Divine healing is part of the redemption work of Jesus Christ. It is one of the things He came to bring. Its foundation stone is the cross of Calvary. “He redeemeth thy life from destruction.” “Deliver him from going down to death, I have found a ransom.” Surely that healing comes from Himself alone. “By His stripes we are healed.” That is the redemption work of Christ. You have a right to it, beloved, for His body bore all the liability of your body on the cross. Take it and love Him better, because it came from His stripes.
· Divine healing comes to us through the life of Jesus Christ, who rose from the dead in His own body. He has gone up to heaven with His living body. You can see Him there this morning, with hands and feet of living flesh and bones, which you could handle. He could sit with you at the table and eat today as He did of old. He is no shadowy cloud-like form, but He has flesh and bones as we have. That is our Christ, a living physical Christ, and He is able and willing to share His physical life with you, by breathing into you His strength. We are healed by the life of Christ in our body. It is a tender union with Him; nearer than the bond of connubial oneness; so near that the very life of His veins is transfused into yours. That is Divine healing.
· Divine healing comes by the grace of God, not through the work of man. It cannot be bought, neither can it be worked for. We cannot help God out in it. We must take it as a gift. It comes to us as pardon does, a free gift from Him. It comes to us by faith. It is not the faith that heals. God heals, but faith receives it. We believe that God is healing before any evidence is given. It is to be believed as a present reality, and then ventured on. We are to act as if it were already true. God wants us to lean on Him, and trust Him, and then rejoice and praise Him for what He has given, with no doubt or fear.
HOW IS JESUS OUR HEALER.
· Because He has bought healing for us with His stripes. It is a part of His purchased redemption on Calvary. “Surely, He hath borne our sicknesses and carried our pains.”
· Because it is in His risen life in us. We have healing not only from Jesus, but in Jesus. It is in His living body, and we receive it as we abide in Him and keep it only as we abide in Him.
· Because He enables us to take it by becoming our power to believe. He gives the faith to trust Him if we will receive it. We have not to climb the heights to find Him, but He comes down to our helplessness and becomes our trust as well as our healing. That’s what Jesus Christ will do for you, beloved! He comes down to you where you are. He becomes your trust within you, and then you go on together until the resurrection light and glory of the coming age bursts in upon you. May God help us all to receive Him thus fully for His own name’s sake! Amen.
God’s divine power, be it for Divine Healing, Divine Miracles, Divine Wealth, Divine Prosperity or Divine Wisdom, comes by the grace of God from God Himself for those who need it and are in a living abiding relationship with Jesus Christ. It comes to those who live a life of implicit obedience to God, doing always what He bids and being henceforth wholly under His direction. It comes to those who ever hearken diligently to His voice. It comes to those who listen closely, for Jesus speaks softly. It comes to those who walk like Jesus walked ( 1 John 2:6). Yes, God has sent forth the life of Christ as our Example and commanded us to imitate and reproduce Him in our lives. It comes to those who can say what Jesus said “”For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me” (John 6:38). It comes to those who live and walk in love as Jesus commanded “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another ( John 13:34). God’s word is unchanging:
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them. Ephesians 5:1-7